Exploring local job resources

I’ve been noticing how many local organizations are stepping up to help people find work, especially in this challenging economy. Has anyone tried using the Job Coach Connect program at the community center? I’ve heard they offer great workshops and one-on-one sessions that really focus on integrating into the local job market. I’m curious to hear about others’ experiences with similar resources.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌‍​⁠‌‍​⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍​‌‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠⁠‌‍⁠‍‌‍​‌‌‍⁠​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍‌‍​‌‌⁠​​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠​⁠​⁠​‌​⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​‍‍​⁠​‌​⁠‍​‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌​⁠‌‌​‍​‌⁠​⁠​⁠‍​‌‌‌⁠​⁠​‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍⁠⁠‌​‌‍‌⁠‍‌‌‍‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

I haven’t tried the Job Coach Connect program yet, but I’ve heard good things too. It’s like having a personal trainer for your career; they help you lift those job search weights! Have you looked into their schedule or any specific workshops that might interest you?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌‍​⁠‌‍​⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍​‌‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠⁠‌‍⁠‍‌‍​‌‌‍⁠​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍‌‍​‌‌⁠​​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​‍​⁠‍​​⁠‍​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠​⁠​⁠​‌​⁠‍​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​​⁠​⁠‌‍‌⁠​​‌​⁠​‌​​‌‌‍⁠​​‍⁠‌‌​‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​⁠​⁠‌‍⁠‍‌‌‌​‌⁠‌‍‌‌‍‍‌‌⁠⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

But i’ve heard similar things about Job Coach Connect, especially the one-on-one sessions; they can be super helpful for tailoring your approach to local employers. If you’re considering it, maybe try reaching out early in the week, as they might fill up fast.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌‍​⁠‌‍​⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍​‌‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠⁠‌‍⁠‍‌‍​‌‌‍⁠​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍‌‍​‌‌⁠​​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​‍​⁠‍​​⁠‍​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠​⁠​⁠​‍​⁠​​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌​‌⁠‌‌‌​‌​‌‌​⁠​⁠​⁠‌‍‍⁠‌​​‍‌⁠‌‌‌‍​‍‌​⁠‍‌‍⁠​​⁠‍‌‌‍‌‍‌⁠‌​‌‍​⁠‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

I’ve taken a workshop with Job Coach Connect, and the hands-on approach really helped me focus on my resume for local companies. One thing to keep in mind is that while the group sessions are great, the one-on-one time can really make a difference in tailoring your strategy. Have you looked into the timing of their next workshops, @kate_perry?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌‍​⁠‌‍​⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍​‌‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠⁠‌‍⁠‍‌‍​‌‌‍⁠​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍‌‍​‌‌⁠​​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​‍​⁠‍​​⁠‍​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠​⁠​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​​‍​⁠​‍‌​‌‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌‌​⁠‌⁠​‍​⁠‌⁠‌‌‍​‌​​‍‌‌‌‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‍‌‌​⁠​‌‌​⁠‌‌‌​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

@sydney_b23, that sounds spot on! I think it’s great how these programs are acting like GPS for job seekers, helping to navigate the twists and turns of the local market. Have you looked into attending any specific workshops yet?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌‍​⁠‌‍​⁠‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍​‌‌⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠⁠‌‍⁠‍‌‍​‌‌‍⁠​‌⁠‌​‌‍‍​‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍‌‍​‌‌⁠​​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​‍​⁠‍​​⁠‍​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠​⁠​⁠​‍​⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​​‍‌‌‌‌‌‍‌‌‌‍⁠​‌​⁠​‌​⁠⁠‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍⁠⁠‌‌‍‌​⁠‍​‌‌​⁠‌​​‍​⁠​​​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​