Have you ever thought about the diverse tools we use in occupational therapy? One that stands out for me is the therapeutic putty, which is fantastic for improving hand strength and dexterity. I’m curious about what unique tools others have found beneficial in their practice.
I totally agree, therapeutic putty is like the Swiss Army knife of OT tools! I’ve also started using weighted blankets in sessions; they can really help with sensory integration. Have you found any specific brands that work best for you?
I’ve had great results with using fine motor tools like finger exercise rings — sort of like a gym for your fingers! @karen_cho89, have you found anything else that surprised you in its effectiveness?
I’ve also been intrigued by the use of therapy balls — they’re like a workout for balance while still being fun. Has anyone else tried them? @taylor_morris_22, do you think they could complement weighted blankets for sensory work?